Due to pump flow issues, overheating issues, and swing issues. I pulled apart the Pilot Signal Manifold on my hoe. Most of the spools has wear, with the worst being the spool for the flow on pump one. It’s actually scratch up a bit. New spools from JD run about $200 for all. Has anyone here replaced them instead of the whole valve? It was also pretty full of gunk, but each section has been cleaning up pretty well.
Hope you didn't lose any of the screens or wafers.
I don't think I did, I've got it all cleaned and put back together except for the last plate. Which is the one with the spools in it. Everything is going back right so far.
You must check it yourself or have a qualified technician check the tightness of the valve. Whether you buy each item separately or replace the whole set of valves depends on its actual loose or tight condition. Hope this attached file is helpful
Hey how did your repair work? I was wondering if you were able to reuse the gaskets? did you replace the scored spool with a new one or cleaned it up? About to tackle the same job myself.
Yes you can reuse the gaskets, and I replaced the spools. Just make sure you watch for the tiny springs under the shims, and keep all the screens in place when you reassemble. Also, don’t get your plates mixed up. Theirs notches on the outside that should line up with each other to make sure you’ve got it right. But they will bolt together even if you’ve got one wrong.
Can you explain what you mean by tightness of the valve? Is there a certain torque value that must be satisfied, or is it something different that you mean?