Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310 B Hydraulic Fluid

MTNXTREME800 ยท 2021-05-04 08:33

I want to change out the fluid on my 310 B , do I drain from tranny, hydraulic system, and rear differential all together ? I'm assuming they share the same sump ? And from what I've researched there is a tranny filter and hydraulic filter, would anyone know the filter numbers ? Also I see there is a screen in the housing behind the hydraulic hose that connects filter housing to sump, do you usually clean or replace. Also there is a pressure relief valve in the filter housing, I have heard guys swap them out as a maintenance item when doing fluid ?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612021-05-04 12:16

    Yes, there are (2) drain plugs underneath that you would remove to drain. Yes Don't worry about the relief valve. See below.

  2. #2T-town2021-05-04 12:50

    Ditto on what mg has said.... Both filters are the same #......NAPA gold 1147 is what I use. When you go to pull the sump strainer( pull, inspect, clean and reuse) , take the filter housing off the mounting bracket and replace the short section of hose ( 2 inches?) while your in there. On the filters, take care not to crimp up the separate seal as you tighten the filter

  3. #3MTNXTREME8002021-05-04 19:24

    Where do I fill, thru dipstick hole ? Any special fluid ? And how many quarts ?

  4. #4T-town2021-05-04 20:21

    Because we have a"wet" brake system, the fluid should meet JD's spec ( has additives). You can buy their pretty expensive stuff( Hytrans).... but I have been using the "premium universal" stuff from tractor supply. Of course my old 310b leaks it out too !. Thru the dipstick hole to add..... on my dipstick.... the amount between the lines is around 2 qts. As to the amount.... by dropping a drain plug your only gonna drain so much...... not the entire capacity of the system. I would measure what you drain....... and try to replace that much. Measure at start up..... cold.... with hoe in its normal stowed position... and front loader bucket on the ground. The manual for the machine is TM1158

  5. #5MTNXTREME8002021-05-04 20:31

    Thanks for your help guys !

  6. #6T-town2021-05-04 20:42

    No problem...... dive in!! That short little hose comes off easier if you unbolt that filter housing first.... While you have the sump screen out stick the end of a magnet wand in there just for fun...see if you fish anything out.

  7. #7MTNXTREME8002021-05-10 20:16

    That short little hose there is no part number for it on JD schematics it shows the size of hose, but shows two different sizes ?!

  8. #8mg23612021-05-11 05:28