My machine is low on hydraulic power. I bought this machine with a bad motor so I don't know how it was before. I installed a new hydraulic pump when I put the motor in. I changed the hydraulic filter and found it collapsed. Is there a suction screen in the hydraulic resivior. It works but weak with about 1200 rpm. That's why I think there may be a screen. Or is there something else I can do
Was the old filter collapsed from being dirty (full of Crap). Did you cut it open and look for metal in it. Remove the new one and cut it open. It could be plugged already if the system is badly contaminated. There is a good chance one of the suction hoses is collapsing. Sometimes it is not visible from the outside. Do you have a service manual ? There are simple ways to check the system pressure.
We are going to check the pressure and from there. In my experience when a screen or hose goes bad they usually get jerky this on is smooth just no power.
Did you change the fluid in the system and maybe flush out the tanks/lines when you put the new pump in or use the old contaminated fluid? there's a reason the filter was in that condition..There is no screen on my early C only the filter..Did you have decent pressure when you first fired the beast after the rebuild? Maybe some crud stuck in the pressure relief valve as well...
There isn't a screen in the hyd. tank on the 580C machines, the filter is a return filter, it filters the return oil from the system. Is you hyd. system slow all over or just one circuit?
It's slow all over
Then you need to check pressure and maybe reset your main relief valve.
I deleted a 580K screenshot image.
I stand corrected on the suction screen.
You are not corrected Coy. Far from it ! I posted that screen image in the wrong thread. I apologize for the confusion I caused. Besides, you have forgotten more than I will ever know about TLB's !
I’m having same issues but not sure why as I never touched the pressure valve and worked fine in the summer months
Yeah but gremlins happen, a little bit of moisture in valve wits tight tolerances can cause issues.
Especially if it freezes.
The inlet pipe at hyd pump splits and draws from both side of frame . It had one with piece of a funnel stuck in the tee. and slowed down hydraulics.
The things you find
Am I the only one that is fanatical about removing the foil caps, with a razor or pocket knife? I can’t remember how many times I poked them in with a thumb, only to see it fall into the funnel and go where I didn’t want it. That, or the way it collapses inside causes it to dribble, puke, slew stuff sideways and otherwise, not go where you friggin wanted it to go. Think my anal obsession started years ago, when I went to dump some Heet into a machine, popped the foil in and dumped contents, only to go throw it away and noticed foil completely missing. A few days later, machine keeps dying, found foil, right on bottom of tank, then discovered the unpright pipe was gone and unfortunately foil wasn’t magnetic. Then the State Fair, stupid little grabby things, bought on a lark, actually came in handy.
@HarleyHappy I also make sure to remove the foil before pouring the contents. Why does everything now have to have a foil seal and a tamperproof cap? Used to be you opened a bottle of whatever and just used it now you need to carry a knife to open them.