Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310 b Injection Pump removal

Ralph Harris · 2025-04-08 14:34

I know I’m missing something whenever I pulled my Ford Backhoe injection pumps, They came right out this JD seems to be hanging up or something hold it in. What am I doing wrong or what am I missing?

Replies18
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-04-08 14:41

    How about a picture of the housing in front of the pump. Seem to remember a plug to remove and get in there.

  2. #2James forth2025-04-08 15:26

    You need to do it professionally with the help of your machine's manual. check JOHN DEERE 310A 310B Service Repair Manual JOHN DEERE 310A 310B Service Repair Manual. specs, engine Transmission and more catexcavatorservicerepairmanual.com

  3. #3thepumpguysc2025-04-08 23:30

    It’s probably just the front seals hanging/grabbing the grooves in the brass tube.. Ur doing it right.. wiggle it and pull back.. Did u get all the nuts off.?? I’d hate to tell u to use a screwdriver to pry it back..

  4. #4Welder Dave2025-04-09 02:39

    The pumpguy is probably better than the manual when it comes to injection pumps.

  5. #5Ralph Harris2025-04-09 15:28

    I’ll take some more pictures. Someone told me there was a pen inside the pump that you had to depress to get it to release I don’t see any of that. All the bolts are out.

  6. #6Ralph Harris2025-04-09 15:31

    There’s a big nut on the front of the pump maybe an inch or larger I had that all the way off and it didn’t make a difference. I’m just worried about losing the timing with the pump and the engine.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2025-04-09 16:04

    If ur worried about it.. Degrease the gears and use a magic marker to make a line from one gear to the next where they meet.. Unless someone did something stupid..that pump should wiggle off the shaft and the shaft stays in the engine..

  8. #8thepumpguysc2025-04-09 16:05

    Did u line up the lines inside the pump.??

  9. #9Ralph Harris2025-04-09 18:05
  10. #10Ralph Harris2025-04-09 18:07

    I haven’t been inside the pump. There’s a nut on the end of the pump where it goes into the gear housing does that nut come off with everything disconnected? Should the pump slide out what comes out with the pump? It seems like everything inside that housing moves when I wiggled the. Pump

  11. #11thepumpguysc2025-04-09 18:10

    It’s probably just your injector lines holding the pump.. Spread’m out and pull the pump back..

  12. #12Tyler d4c2025-04-09 19:47

    Thats what she said

  13. #13Ralph Harris2025-04-10 13:18

    Injector lines are out-of-the-way might not look like it in the picture, but they’re not holding it. Do I need to take that nut off the end before pulling the pump out when I pull the pump? Will it rotate the gears or anything?

  14. #14Ralph Harris2025-04-10 13:38

    I got the pump out. It was just seized up on the shaft. It turns freely thinking about contacting a local guy that is pretty good on these pumps. See what he thinks. Thanks everybody. Unless I can rebuild it myself, maybe with a kit, I’m not taking it. Lightly might be better off to take it to a shop and let it be done correctly. I was getting fuel everywhere except no pressure to the injectors

  15. #15Tatersmt2025-04-10 13:56

    Send it to the Pumpguy he knows his stuff!

  16. #16thepumpguysc2025-04-10 14:11

    What the **** am I, chopped liver.!!?? Lol

  17. #17Welder Dave2025-04-10 17:14

    The pumpguy will likely save you a good chunk of money to boot.

  18. #18Ralph Harris2025-04-11 16:29

    I’d love to do that. Send me your information and I’ll send you my phone number.