The backhoe is very hard to break, especially on a slope. It takes two legs and extreme pressure to stop it. After a few hours it really hurts. I asked a former CAT technician, he said it is normal on these tractor. I cannot imagine that is the case, everything else is working with very little effort. People would be disabled after a few weeks working on these machines. Could it be the master cylinder? Thank you.
Brake performance and brake noise/chatter were an issue on the 210C and 310C ‘s. Noise/ chatter was addressed with an additive for Hygard oil ,additive part # LVU11673. I would say the service brake disks are heavily glazed affecting performance. Just a bit of history on 210 / 310C braking issues. Deere developed an update kit which included adjusters to help limit brake piston return travel in turn improving brake pedal travel. The kit replaced the brake disks and brake pistons and also had repair disks to polish the braking surfaces of the diff housing to improve the overall braking performance. We don’t know if your machine was done and regardless I’m not suggesting the update kit would be economical on a 30 plus year old machine. I would check with dealer parts to see what is available for disks and go from there.