Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland B75D Backhoe

DirtyHoe · 2023-02-23 23:05

Across from work is an equipment dealer and a shiny new backhoe showed up. I had to inquire. It was a JBC backhoe for about $128,000. I started looking online and the rest of the big-name brands are at a similar price and much more depending on the options. Then I came across an ad for a 2022 New Holland B75D with enclosed cab, with decent options. It has an extendahoe, plumbed for a hammer circuit, 4X4, 3rd spool loader hydraulics for attachments. It has a 74HP FPT 3.4L with a Diesel Oxidation Catalyst(DOC). It outlifts(8,157lbs) and digs(18') the competition. It weighs around 18,300lbs. All this for under just under $80,000. Is this an overlooked piece of equipment? Has anyone used this new series of backhoe? I'm intrigued.

Replies16
  1. #1NH575E2023-02-24 12:47

    Is it new or used?

  2. #2DirtyHoe2023-02-24 14:38

    Brand spanking new with a warranty.

  3. #3Swetz2023-02-24 16:41

    That is a crazy price! I don't have the paperwork just now, but I have the original invoice from when my 675E was purchased in 2000. It was almost that price, and no hammer or 3rd function circuit.

  4. #4cosmaar12023-02-25 00:09

    Something gotta be wrong with it. That don’t make any sense.

  5. #5NH575E2023-02-25 08:34

    Gotta be a typo. Somebody left off the one.

  6. #6DirtyHoe2023-02-25 10:04

    I made a typo in the first post. The original ad was $69,900. It went up to $79,900 recently.

  7. #7NH575E2023-02-26 10:37

    ^^ that ad also pictures an open station as opposed to cab.

  8. #8DirtyHoe2023-02-26 12:25

    On New Holland's website a cab is about $10,000 extra. But with an open station that is a lot of machine for the money. $70,000 today gets you an older backhoe with hours and no warranty with any other brand. Does New Holland share parts and design with Case backhoes since the are owned by CNH Industrial?

  9. #9Welder Dave2023-02-26 19:00

    I'd guess it's not built as heavy duty and won't last as long as more common machines when working on construction projects. Similar to older New Holland skid steers. Great for AG applications but there's a reason you never saw them on construction sites.

  10. #10DirtyHoe2023-02-26 22:51

    I think things have changed over the years. There is a lot of steel on this machine. Look at the reinforcement on the backhoe. Plus the cylinder rods are beefy. Here are some pictures I took. I agree not many are around. But if you look online their marketing and promotion is subpar. Almost nothing from the factory on YouTube or any social media. That has to be a factor these days.

  11. #11Welder Dave2023-02-27 00:43

    It could be an OK machine. A little crude in some areas though like the loader boom and bucket linkage.

  12. #12gggraham2023-02-27 11:26

    10HP shy of any competition and 3,000 Lbs heavier.

  13. #13cuttin edge2023-02-27 12:22

    It's made exactly the same as any New Holland we ever had. You can hardly get a Super Duty for that price. https://www.fastline.com/constructi...carolina/1f8532f1-e64d-4705-82e6-f8e4412973f8

  14. #14DirtyHoe2023-05-27 11:26

    It looks like Case rebranded the exact same machine with a similar price point. It's called a 575N EP Utility Plus. Made in the same plant in India. I don't see one difference except the paint job and Case stickers. Case CE teases economical Utility Plus backhoe While no official specs were shared, Case says the machine is similar in size to its 580N EP backhoe – at a fraction of the cost. www.equipmentworld.com UTILITY PLUS - CNH Industrial https://assets.cnhindustrial.com/ca...Utility-Plus/Utility-Plus-CCE202211575NEP.pdf CASE Utility Plus Backhoe Loader | CASE Construction Equipment CASE Utility Plus Backhoe Loader | CASE Construction Equipment The all-new CASE Utility Plus backhoe loader delivers full-sized backhoe performance in an efficient platform that’s easy to own, easy to maintain, and easy on the bottom line. www.casece.com

  15. #15rumblecloud2023-05-27 13:47

    Long time between posts...What are you thinking now? I'm really new at this so my opinion doesn't mean much, but damn...I've was looking at hoes for over 11 years before I finally bought one, but at the price specified, I prolly would be in debt right now

  16. #16NH575E2023-05-27 14:51

    Looks like the topic switched from a cab tractor with a reinforced bucket to an open station with a light duty bucket as well.