Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310 crank pully problems

fiatmom ยท 2017-04-12 14:46

The crank pulley in my JD 310A is not turning neither is the shaft for the hydraulics. The engine runs well until the battery dies. What would cause this. If it is a key way hard difficult is it to replace. Thanks Nick

Replies4
  1. #1lantraxco2017-04-12 19:08

    Yep, sheared key or broken crankshaft snout. If it's just the key and things are not yet wallowed out too bad, pretty easy. Pull the hydraulic pump and drive shaft, one bolt in the middle of the pulley, pull it out, replace the key, put it back. Or cuss and cry because the crank is too worn to keep the pulley tight in place.

  2. #2fiatmom2017-04-13 21:02

    Thanks thats what i thought. I forget if I have to remove the pump or can I move it forward to separate the damper and pulley.

  3. #3sbarrett2017-04-14 14:25

    my 310a did the same thing, mine was caused by a seized hydraulic pump. ended up pulling the engine and replacing the crank,pulley,and hydraulic pump, ouch!!!,but in the end it worked out great.

  4. #4fiatmom2017-04-22 08:21

    Well I took it apart and found the problem. The bolt worked loose and the pulley cracked in half. Today I will install a new one.