Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

older case loader tie rod lift cylinder rebuild question

diver ยท 2017-04-12 12:42

I have a old case 530 loader with tie rod lift cylinders. one is leaking and need a rebuild kit for it. The model # is missing. My question is does anyone know any place in NH that would have the packing for the cylinder if i take it apart.. Coleman equipment wont do a thing with out the model # of the backhoe attachment and the plate id is missing.. Thanks for any leads

Replies11
  1. #1Grady2017-04-12 12:54

    Did the 530 come with more than one model of loader? TractorData.com has some pics of some but none have the lift cylinders like yours. You could email Peter @ tractor data and see if he knows.

  2. #2diver2017-04-12 13:20

    yes , some came with welded and some held together with tie rods.. according to Coleman equipment... Its 42 inch's retracted and i believe 2 1/2 dia.

  3. #3Labparamour2017-04-12 21:28

    http://m.omnipacking.com/ I had a 2 1/2 x 16" cylinder off a Davis Industrial bobcat backhoe. Case dealer couldn't help me but, I was able to find seals and packing at Omni Packing, Seattle. They measured my piston and matched me up w new parts. Not sure if the are national chain or there's a similar company by you. DB

  4. #4diver2017-04-18 09:09

    I found a number on cylinder and searched it it and found this company.From there i was able to search part numbers and now i can order on line from coleman or messicks.. Here is the link i found and may be very helpful for others looking for case or other tractor parts..>>> https://avspare.com/catalog/case/68420/4316287/861941/

  5. #5Tinkerer2017-04-18 10:33

    I am confused. Tie rod lift cylinder ? Where exactly is it located on the machine ? The parts in that link you posted is a gamble as to whether they will fit a cylinder made by someone else. The machining on the glands could be very different.

  6. #6diver2017-04-18 11:23

    this is the bucket lift cylinder and is a case #.. part # It is off front left bucket lift cylinder on my case is #D20664 ..This old case used tie rod cylinders from factory

  7. #7Tinkerer2017-04-18 15:42

    Your description of the cylinder is what confused me. "Tie Rod Lift cylinder" A hoist cylinder with tie rods would have been easier for me to understand. I looked long and hard at the online parts book and there are no cylinders that fit that description. The parts list covers the loaders made from 1/60 thru 12/67. I am posting a screen shot of the parts book. I hope it helps in your quest to repair the cylinder properly. Here is a link to the parts book. ---------> http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr51329ar177050bi4079499-85

  8. #8diver2017-04-18 17:53

    every cylinder is tie rod on machine. The number on the cylinder is a case # and i have seen pictures here of other case loaders with factory case tie rod cylinders.. here is a pic that is just like mine .. They are out there.. all i know is i search the # on cylinder and it is a case # and shows this cylinder and it is used on many older case equipment according to the parts site

  9. #9diver2017-04-18 18:08

    Nope my cylinders are all tie rod,, I think the confusion is that on the older loader the backhoe was a bolt on option . The fella at colemen told me that they had both type cylinders back before john wayne was born.. lol

  10. #10Tinkerer2017-04-19 13:23

    Wow Diver ! I finally understand what you have for cylinders after seeing the photo of the one in the weeds. I have been operating and working on Case T/L/B's since the early seventy's and have never seen one with cylinders held together with tie rods. I was surprised that it isn't in the online parts book. As I mentioned before, that book I was looking at started with the 1960 model year. Sorry I couldn't help you.

  11. #11diver2017-04-19 18:53

    heck i just found this one on craigs list.. not running 600$.. and has the tie rod cylinders lol..