Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310 SE Hydraulic Site Tube

boone ยท 2020-02-26 16:44

Just picked up a JD 310 SE. Seems to be a pretty decent machine and I'm trying to get it to a known state. Changing out fluids, filters, fixing leaky cylinders, etc. The hydraulic reservoir has a site tube on the side which is frosted over. It's so bad, I can't see the fluid through the haze. I picked up a new tube from the dealer, which is just plastic hard tubing cut to 7". I'll have to cut a bit more off. Does anyone know if the old just pulls out and the new presses in? I assume so based on the parts diagram (tube is highlighted) but wasn't sure if there was a trick to getting this replaced.

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612020-02-27 05:09
  2. #2Vetech632020-02-27 07:25

    MG makes this stuff soooooo easy.

  3. #3boone2020-02-27 08:54

    Thanks MG! That's what I was hoping for. Sounds easy enough. Hoping I don't have to replace the fittings.