Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD Backhoe 410D all backhoe functions, no front loader functions

wildman112 · 2020-02-26 21:10

My brother and I have recently purchased a john deere 410d for doing some small jobs on the farm. The unit has all backhoe functions and seem to work well, have not tried actually digging but is responsive and seems strong. The front loader will not function at all though, when moving the lever there is no change in engine rpm for boom up/down or bucket curl up/down. I removed floor pan and linkage is connected and spools are moving in valve bank. It appeared to me that the hoe and loader shared the same pressure line coming from main pump to a block on side of transmission. we did not troubleshoot any further.. Any ideas or next step in troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612020-02-27 05:02

    Welcome to HEF wildman ! Serial number? There are two different hydraulic system control valves, that's why we need a serial number. First thing that comes to mind is your priority valve is stuck. Do you have the tech manual TM1512? If not I suggest getting one.

  2. #2wildman1122020-02-27 17:47

    Thanks for having me and thanks for the reply... serial #021666T no I do not have the manual yet, thought I would reach out first and see if this was common or expensive issue before purchasing manual

  3. #3mg23612020-02-28 04:07

    That looks like the serial number from the engine. Your machine should be somewhere in the 800000 range (+/-).

  4. #4joeblow2020-02-29 21:18

    If you bottom a backhoe function (hold it over relief) does the loader try to work? If so then the power beyond plug may have backed out.

  5. #5Delmer2020-03-01 00:12

    This is a closed center system, no power beyond, everything gets full standby pressure until the pressure drops and the priority valve shuts off the loader to save pressure for the brakes and steering (backhoe still works!) What you're describing is not uncommon, as far as the priority valve explaining what's happening. It could be simple or could be the hydraulic pump is wearing itself into tiny bits of metal that have spread to every hose, valve and cylinder on the machine. Checking the hydraulic filter for debris and checking the charge pressure and standby pressure would be a start. The manual will go through everything you need.

  6. #6joeblow2020-03-01 19:57

    My bad , I had a similar problem with a 310D .Its all coming back to me now . I do remember that big noisy radial pump with the electric destroke solenoid.