Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310 SG power steering howling

Mike Baters ยท 2024-09-11 18:25

I'm getting a howling noise from what I think is the power steering ,also a vibration in the steering wheel , it acts like the older Ford pickups when the pump is failing . When I use the loader or hoe the howling stops . When I use the steering the howl changes pitch but doesn't go away. I talked to the service Mgr at a JD dealership and he suggested that the priority valve may be the culprit , possibly causing cavitation in the steering circuit. Anyone have any experience with this issue ? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612024-09-12 05:13

    There was a priority valve change and an attenuator addition that helped to reduce the noise. Ask your dealer to reference solutions 30926, 49044 and, 81531.

  2. #2Mike Baters2024-09-12 10:28

    Thank you for the information, I'll call and ask about the solutions. Thanks again!