Are there any tricks I should know about? All the bolts removed it won't split HELP
Jerry, Did you put a wedge on each side of the axle between it and the tractor to keep it the tractor from tilting side to side ? If you haven't that is an unsafe situation and may be putting a bind on the connecting point. I have never split a John Deere. Are you sure all the bolts are removed that hold it together. Did you look for and find any threaded holes that would be used for jack bolts as Scrub Puller suggested in your previous thread ? Is it balanced on the stands so there are no binding forces on the dowel pins ? You could try putting jack under the bell housing and put a a small amount of pressure on it. But there could be a need to put down force on it to attain a balanced state between the front and rear half's. I will repeat that a different way. ---- The two half's need to be equally balanced on the stands to get all the binding force off of the dowel pins. Can you post a photo of the tractor on the stands ?
Thank for your reply. Yes I have blocked and shimmed the front axle,I have two 3x3angle irons on both ends of the frame members and also have the transmission blocked up I don't know if there is a place for jacking studs,I'll look closer when I go back out there. I just got a thread from Arnstein he had the same problem ,he used a jack to separate them. I'm going to look for jacking studs if I can't find any I'm going to use force. Thanks Jerry