This Q. may have been asked before but-- On my front bucket is there a valve to prevent bucket drop if a hydraulic line ruptures. I and others use the bucket as a lift for persons to do some higher work. If the machine is not so equipted, then can such a valve be added? Any input on this is appreciated. Old Uncle Dave
No, the outriggers are the only function that typically has a load check valve. They can be added, but on a person lift they should be on the cylinder, that is, no hoses between the cylinder and the valve to fail. Practically speaking, there is very little chance of blowing a hose with somebody in the lift (assuming you're not moving while they're up there), probably more dangerous getting up to the lift than the chance of a hose randomly blowing out. You wouldn't want to be dropping concrete demo down on the loader though.
I can't say I've ever seen a 310c with load checks(or at least that I can remember)... are you sure this is what's on yours? I don't know why you couldn't add them to whatever you want... however when it comes to the liability side of things I would guess it's a big NO.
No load check valves on my Deere 310C. Anytime I work under the bucket, I block it up. Lift the bucket and suddenly push the control full forward. The bucket drops fast flowing oil through the control valve. A ruptured line/fitting is less flow restriction.
I sure could be mixed up, I don't have a 310 but I thought most modern backhoes had outriggers that don't go down with the engine off. Maybe it is a different valve function though. It's NOT on the cylinder like it would be on a manlift.
Sorry Delmer, guess I should have worded that like the OP and said load checks on the loader cylinders.... I think a few do have them on the stabilizers though... I know my dynahoe does I don't believe our 97' 410G did however...