Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland 555E

blackhawkranch ยท 2019-05-19 18:31

Has anyone had trouble getting the correct hydraulic pump for a 555 E backhoe? The pump that was sent to me is different in size, weight (around 2 x the weight of the original) and mounting flange for hoses are different size. The original part was discontinued but the new number was supposed to match the original. any ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1jimg9842019-05-19 21:23

    they say rework pipe connections and hose/tubing how about the spline shaft and pump mounting holes' they say rework connections and hoses/tubing yours looks like one on ebay for 555E 1,695.00 ouch

  2. #2blackhawkranch2019-05-19 21:29

    They sent a new hose but the mounting hub is different and bolt hole for connecting a flange are wrong. The box had the correct part # but the pump looks to be different. I am going to call in the AM and try to get this fixed.

  3. #3jimg9842019-05-19 21:31

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hydraulic-...791815?hash=item591931ed87:g:JfYAAOSwXItcFYmZ

  4. #4blackhawkranch2019-05-19 21:42

    Thanks. That part # does not show on the New Holland site but I will do some research to see if maybe it is an older #.

  5. #5jimg9842019-05-19 21:56

    good luck,, if mine I would seek a hyd shop to see about rebuilding the pump of yours,, what was happing with you pump? if was squawing it was not getting enough fluid to pump, fords had screens in bottom of tank where hose connects return connects and other to pump

  6. #6blackhawkranch2019-05-19 22:03

    The back part of the pump was worn out. It operated the out riggers and power steering. The front section was still operating. If they can't find the correct pump I will see about rebuilding this pump. I did find out that the e bay pump was the original one for this machine so I may go that way. I just don't understand why New Holland can't supply the correct part. Thanks for your help.