Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310c Cylinder kits

davidd ยท 2009-10-26 21:16

I am about to repair several cylinders on my machine. The parts list has a rod seal kit and a bore seal kit. Should I order and replace both or just one? Or open the cylinder and see what is needed? Thanks David d.

Replies3
  1. #1willie592009-10-26 21:22

    My opinion, if I'm going to go through the trouble of going into a cylinder, I'm replacing all seals. I don't plan on being back in there for a while after repair.

  2. #2gggraham2009-10-27 23:53

    Amen to that Paul, lasted that long with origional seals I replace all of them too.

  3. #3mathman2009-10-28 17:05

    I just replaced seals in three hydraulic cylinders in 310d. One of the seals that you need for the piston is in the bore packet or the other way around. I bought mine aftermarket on ebay 1/2 of the price from the dealer.