Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310D broken swing frame

mikeam1 ยท 2014-01-01 09:18

Hi all, I have an early 310D ( serial# 796510) backhoe with a broken swing tower. I have not been able to find a part number on the swing frame that matches the JD part numbers ( the only numbers I 0000 can find are T151534 and T151540) . I am trying to locate a used frame and found a used one from an 81000 serial number. Does anyone know where I can find a good used frame for my backhoe? does anyone know the difference from the early swing frame and the later ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Replies12
  1. #1owmamech2014-01-01 16:07

    I came up with a different part number, the numbers of yours don't come up on a search. This is what I got for a 310D ser # 000000-802199 AT176496.

  2. #2mikeam12014-01-01 17:32

    That's the part number I also came up with for a new frame. I am trying to find out what the difference is between earlier frame, AT176496 witch I haven't been able to find used and the newer frame, AT176082 that I have found used.

  3. #3owmamech2014-01-01 18:07

    I'm not sure of the difference but would guess they don't interchange. I looked around some and was unable to find a used one either. I hope you are able to find one Good luck.

  4. #4ala.millwright2014-01-01 19:00

    This is just a thought. Could the series number you are looking for only reference the 310c backhoe? If you have a early d model that swing frame may be got the c models

  5. #5mikeam12014-01-01 20:08

    Checked the late 310c's and they have a different part number

  6. #6ala.millwright2014-01-02 22:07

    I'm not really sure, but I would just about be willing to bet the two D model frames are interchangeable. I don't have any experience with the D model backhoes but since your not getting much help with this, my advise is to contact the shop Forman at your nearest Deere dealer and see if he would be wiling to help. They have all the breakdowns of these machines in a tech manual or either on their computer. Most of them will have firsthand knowledge with these older machines and may be able to tell you what if any differences there may be between the two frames. Hope this helps

  7. #7Tinkerer2014-01-03 06:38

    I don't know if this helps , but I was able to find some dimensions for the at176082 here. http://777parts.net/johndeere/at176082-frame/p626727.html One John Deere parts vendor prices that one at $3766.44 new, without shipping. Unfortunately it looks like there is quite a bit of difference between the two. Here is a link to the at176496. http://777parts.net/johndeere/at176496-frame/p687246.html Here is another website that shows the interchangeability between the different 310 series pins and bushings, if that helps any at all. http://www.brokentractor.com/jd_backhoe_pins.htm

  8. #8mikeam12014-01-03 20:34

    Thanks for the help. I'm going to my local john deere dealer and see what they can come up with. Probably going to end up buying the new one for 4000.00 instead of a used one for 2000.00

  9. #9Deon2014-01-04 18:06

    The worst about buying a used one is the swing pins are mounted without bushing and the holes are usually worn. I was lucky enough to buy my 310D used with a newer swing tower.

  10. #10Scott Hutcheson2016-01-05 01:07

    help I am currently having the same issues with my 310 D. i have called my deere dealer and the part is 4800.00 were are you guys finding them cheaper? Also can a guy tell if a used one will work by thhe numbers that are in the side of the swing frame? any help would be greatly appreciated

  11. #11Scott Hutcheson2016-01-05 01:12

    help I am currently having the same issues with my 310 D. i have called my deere dealer and the part is 4800.00 were are you guys finding them cheaper? Also can a guy tell if a used one will work by thhe numbers that are in the side of the swing frame? any help would be greatly appreciated. will one off of a 410 D work on a 310 D thanks scott

  12. #12br14742016-04-01 23:06

    I know someone that can find one for you if your still looking. The 410D will not interchange, the pins are a good bit bigger.