Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310D Injector nozzles

Joe R ยท 2014-12-22 22:21

Hello all, I have a question about injector nozzles. My JD has 6400hrs on it and I am going to adjust the overhead. The nozzles have never been replaced and I would like to know if they have a time span. I would like to get the most power and fuel economy that I can. Since I am right there it would be easy. I have found new after market and rebuilt ones. Would like some good sound advice. Thanks Joe

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2014-12-22 22:48

    From what I've read there's nothing to rebuild in a pencil injector, and the aftermarket ones seemed too cheap, so I bought a set of Stanadyne from Oregon fuel injection. Turns out they're made in China too. I'm interested to hear other opinions...

  2. #2Tinkerer2014-12-23 07:10

    I had my fuel injection pump rebuilt and at the same time I purchased a set of four rebuilt fuel injectors for $55.00 each. At 200 hours of use only one of the injectors would pass a pop test at a fuel injection shop. The spray pattern is what the problem with them was. That was my unfortunate experience with them. I replaced all of them with OEM's from a dealer. No more rebuilt ones for me. I am sure some rebuilt injectors are lasting a lot longer than that.