Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310D inverter oil change

Southbus ยท 2021-03-21 22:45

Hi Folks Today I tried to change the oil in the backhoe inverter, remove the cap and about 4 liters were drained and according to the manual the capacity is 7 liters, so I tried to put 7 liters thinking that it was missing but it was filled before putting the 7 liters And then when starting the engine more oil spilled and it looked a little dirtier. So I suppose there was indeed a lot of oil left inside, perhaps in the torque converter and for this reason the system was saturated. Is there a way to drain all the oil from this system? or maybe a technique to remove as much fluid as possible. I appreciate your advice. Cesar

Replies1
  1. #1mg23612021-03-22 05:30

    Inverter? I assume you mean the transmission and torque converter. There should be a rubber plug on the bottom of the torque converter housing. You might have to rotate the engine to find it but there should be a 1/8 inch pipe plug in the torque converter to drain it.