Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310D transmission issues?

bdbarefoot ยท 2014-05-24 12:08

Looking for some insight on possible issues with my 95 JD 310D. Upon initial start up it will drive in both forward and reverse just fine, as well at thru all 4 gears. Once its warmed up I begin loosing power to a point that it will not move forward or reverse. I can shut it down for a few minutes and let it cool down, restart and it will work fine until it heats up again. When it stops moving, I have elevated it so that all 4 wheels are off the ground, placed it in forward and the wheel will begin to turn, but once you sit it down again, there just isn't the power to move it forward or reverse. The only thing that I have done lately is replace the tranny fluid. I bust a line awhile back and ran to advance and bought tractor fluid to refill. I cant help but think this is the culprit since I haven't used the hoe much since then. Anyone else think the fluid type could be causing this issue? Thanks for any assistance of guidance you can give me.

Replies3
  1. #1Scout_19692014-05-24 21:48

    I don't if the fluid could cause that, was the fluid to your spec? How long has it been since the filters/screen were changed? Not sure on the 310 D but, both filters (2) and a trans. screen are in the early models. Here's a link to JD parts incase it would help, http://jdpc.deere.com/jdpc/servlet/...ts.HomePageServlet_Alt?search=model&model=310 Maybe someone will be along to offer better help.

  2. #2WhyWhyZed2014-05-25 15:42

    is it the D that has a separate shuttle dipstick/compartment? might depend on serial number. I remember a Deere tech telling me something about a $7000 mistake to not check both trans fluids.

  3. #3Killbox Alpha2014-07-05 21:15

    Your reverser is going out. You could always have a clogged filter as mentioned above but most likely the reverser is getting weak. Very common thing on all the D series. Its not fun to pull it out due to the weight but its pretty simple. You will need to put a jack under the bell housing since the rear motor mounts are made into the reverser.