Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310e hydraulic line replacement

pgodward ยท 2024-06-30 12:22

Recently picked up a 310e for use around the farm. In the process of digging a trench for a french drain, I had the line from the Hydraulic pump to the backhoe valve block blowout. I have the connection from the pump removed, but need some info regarding removing the line from the backhoe valve block. any resources would be appreciated. - Paul

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612024-07-01 05:17

    Welcome to HEF pgodward ! You can remove the line by laying under the machine working over the swing cylinders, but that would entail getting oil up your armpits. I raise the rear windows, remove the rear control tower cover, then the rear floor board. You may have to remove the line above it first to get to the pump output line, or get to it with a crowfoot wrench.

  2. #2JL Sargent2024-07-02 10:06

    That's like the worst!

  3. #3HarleyHappy2024-07-03 10:42

    Meh, some people pay for a hot oil bath treatment. Personally, the oil in the armpits sounds like a better alternative than taking everything apart. YMMV