Have a John Deere 310SE. Just recently the brake pedal does not return or come back up once pressed. Any thought or why this would happen.
Welcome to HEF Josh ! Pedal seizure? Broken return spring. One pedal or both?
Thank you!!! This forum is such a wealth of information!!! The only spring I can see in the parts diagram is #31 that you have circled. Everything else you are pointing at just calls for a bushing and pin where the pedals pivot. Both pedals stay down when I press them. I either have to pull them back up with my toe or hand. I was thinking of ordering part # AT184432, brake valve overhaul kit. But am not sure if this would be why the pedals do not return.
The two pedals do move independently, down and up. I just have to reach down and pull them up. The right one is easier to push/pull. Not sure if any of that matters.
Before taking anything apart I would spray all moving parts down with WD40 and work it around to see if it loosens up
I did spray where the pedals are attached with a pin. Not really making any difference. I’m thinking the next thing I can do is disconnect the lines and remove the valve. That way I can get it on a bench to remove the pin holding the pedals. It seems weird that it would be just as simple as the pedals getting stuck. It worked fine up until just recently.
The arrows are pointing at the bushings because you may have seizure there. Before I would do that I would remove pin #15. Make sure it is nice and free inside the pedals. If that does not resolve your issue then valve removal would be next.
I will be trying to get the pin out today. Depending on how hard it is to get it out I might have to remove the valve assembly just to be able pound the pin out. Not much room under the console/dash area.
Josh, were you able to resolve this issue. It is the exact same issue I am having with the left side sticking down and the right side works fine. Let me know what you determined to be the problem.
Send Josh a Private Message. It will generate an email to him from HEF. Ask him to post any info he may have in this thread so it will help other members with this problem.
I have not. Im afraid it is going to be something inside the brakes them selves and probably require a service tech to come and do it. It’s annoying but I am able to just pull the brake pedal up with my toe. If you make any progress please post an update!!!