Went to release my boom lock yesterday and it wouldn't lift the locks up high enough. Mine is a manual one - pull a lever, with pulls a loop toward the front and lifts the locking bars. The bars are able to travel the full distance - I can move them with my hand. Not sure why it doesn't travel far enough now. Obviously, it worked just fine before this. I locked the boom before driving up the hill from working in the woods. Does the loop look abnormal to anyone? I admit I've never really paid much attention to it in the past.
Look for something bent. Otherwise...There's an adjustment at both clevis'. Loosen the lock nut, pull the pin, then turn the clevis on the threads to shorten the rod. Put them back together. There maybe other places to adjust the stroke too.
Bottom rod near clevis is bent.
I need a reference picture to see if it's bent. I just can't think what would have bent it. I don't recall running into anything on the way out.
If the boom lock was pulled with the boom weight against it, the rods would stretch/bend instead of releasing.
I have Andy, an extra son. Stronger than a bull, he makes things go if they don't easily go. I once had a half day repair to a shifter assembly when a backhoe didn't immediately slip into gear. The section at bottom is bent, including the thread. Beat it straight & adjust the clevis.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/80748/referrer/navigation/pgId/376500265
I have close to the same one. You have to keep the rotating parts well oiled for it to work properly.