Want to ask quick question about 310SG display and back light not turning off. I can hear relay under dash clicking off, I can see hours going to all dashes. But display is on all the time, and backlight is on all the time, draining battery. i already had to move the alternator field contact from Acc. contact to Ign. contact on ignition switch, because operators was leaving it in Acc. Does anyone can give me quick tip what might cause it?
TVA, shame, shame, shame . You know better than to start a thread without a serial number. There are 5 different schematics for that machine based on the S/N. Make sure you have a good ground at connector J1 pin K (Black wire marked G30B). I suspect the possibility that a bad ground could be causing voltage to travel somewhere it shouldn't to find a ground somewhere else. With the key off, is there voltage on the P21 Red wire (switched power) at the J1 connector pin A? J2 connector pin A should be unswitched battery voltage (Red wire marked B03A).
Yep, needs a spanking.
Sorry! The name plate was hit by something, mangled up and unreadable. I don’t work on these much, so I don’t know where to look for the SN on the frame.
Thank you sir! I will check and get back with you on those.
Deere generally stamped the last 6 numbers of the serial on the frame and put the serial tag over top of the stamping.
I think the board is shorted internally. As you see from the pictures, the J2 is removed, what you see is B03 ( unswiched power) and ground brought straight from the battery, I connected it to the pin that G30 goes to. G30 has intermittent connection, something is in the harness. But that’s not the only problem. As soon as I have B03 and ground connected - the gauges start cycling, the display is on and backlight is on.
That’s what I have as soon as I have unswitched power and ground connected, nothing else.
What will happen if I make unswitched power switchable? Display will loose hours?
Shouldn't. No different than disconnecting a battery. If it is powering up with just the unswitched power and ground, then the monitor is most likely the problem.
Thanks! Now I have bigger problems. Machine won’t move. I mechanically released the park brake - it tries to move but too weak. Probably weak connection somewhere. Can you tell me where’s the park brake latching relay is? Is that’s a one mounted to the front of the fender below the control panel? And if you can share fuse diagram, please?! I bought TM1884 - but that information is not there.
Although that park switch don’t have “half momentary” function - it’s just a three position switch. Maybe that machine is not supposed to have latching relay. Or switch is old, crusty and not operational.
Monitor is acting super weird. There’s a intermittent loss of ground to it in the harness, when I move it around. But even with ground jumped straight from the battery it sometimes goes off and on and cycles the gauges. Sometimes it gets stuck with all the lights on, sometimes only park and alternator lights get stuck on. Just crazy things.
Is that a powershift transmission (4 speeds on the FNR), or a mechanical shift (shifter on the floor)? Will need s/n for schematics.
Got the serial number from owners records. It is TO310SG940368. so I jumped the P24 to J27 - and transmission came alive. The only thing is - that’s not how that switch works! The switch is two positions only, connects or brakes the connection between P24 and J20. And I don’t really understand how that latching relay works.
Yes
Yes? One or the other. Is it powershift or mechanical shift?
I am assuming PS. Check your PM's.
Fully power shift. Nothing on the floor.