Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 310sg ecu codes

derek5120 · 2023-01-12 14:28

Hello, Always looked at this forum but had never joined. I have a problem with my works 310sg serial number T0310SG942322. The tractor will start and run no problem but after its warm it losses power and when driving and doesn't get out of it's own way. These are fault codes I have: -f455 coolant temp doesn't register on control head, wires from ecu to sensor are good sensor ohms are 3-4k ohms cold -F9A3 & F9C4 these are related to the ECU losing communication, I've checked the 2 red powers for voltage key on and load tested them with a headlamp to make sure they can carry current, same with the ground wire. I've also checked the 2 communication wires going to the controller and they have continuity 0 resistance. The ecu in my area is $2500 plus a tech has to program it, am I missing something or is there anything else I should test before ordering this thing? I can't find much info, but it appears that the ecu in these tractors are a known problem. Thanks again, -Derek

Replies2
  1. #1derek51202023-01-12 21:46

    Also I can’t seem to clear any of these codes. I’m holding down the select button for 5 secs and nothing is happening.

  2. #2mg23612023-01-13 05:22

    Welcome to HEF Derek ! 310SG's do not have a "Service Mode" like so many that are posted on HEF. I PM'd you the procedure on checking and clearing the codes. Those codes will not cause the engine to loose power. The 455 code for the temp sensor has been an ECU issue in many cases, but again, will not cause a lack of power. The "F" codes will not affect power, but could shut the machine down. Does the engine misfire? Smoke? Are RPM's dropping off? Fuel filters been replaced? If so, first thing is to check is the fuel cap vent. Loosen your cap when the issue is happening to see if it clears up. If it does not, then I would suggest putting a fuel pressure gauge in the circuit and measure the lift pump pressure, especially when the issue is happening.