Jd 310sg serial number T0310sg923901 Hey I’m new to the group and looking for help lol....I’m looking to find a repair manual and some information on where I should start testing was told it needs a new transmission...but I want to check for myself the back hoe only has first and rev I’ve started some test from reading forms on here but I need some more ideas ... or if this has happened to someone else?
Welcome to HEF Xcr900 ! Looking for help? I know HEF can't supply the kind of help that I need ! I'm beyond repair!! Just to clarify, you only have 1st Forward and 1st Reverse? Is this a Powershift transmission (4 speeds on the FNR)? You might want to perform the tests in the forum link below if it is a Powershift. HeavyEquipmentForums If you need a manual you will most likely have to purchase one. The one you would need would be the Operation and Test manual TM1883.
Only place I found 310SG manuals, aside from Deere, was on EBay, from Eastern Europe. If they're fakes, they're VERY good fakes.
Yeah, I have one of those JD manuals from across the pond. Looks legit. Very high quality.
Okay did some more digging into the backhoe...change the Transmission filter (I haven’t cut it open yet ) filled the filter with oil put it in third gear and it moved but then kicked out so I’m guessing that Pump is not building pressure so going to check more into that... can it be rebuilt? or do I need a new pump I know there not cheap.... Any one find one a place they can download the manual from?
I ask again, does it work OK in 1st forward and 1st reverse? What gears do you specifically have that work? That don't work? Cut the filter open first and report your findings (post picture). I would not do anything on that transmission without checking pressures first. If 1st forward and reverse work then you don't have a transmission pump issue.
Yes it works great in 1st fwd and 1st in rev but that’s it nothing else works and okay was thinking the pump isn’t building pressures to release the plates but I’ll get a pic of the filter later today thanks again for the help
I suggest going up to post#2 and follow the link I attached if the filter is clean.
okay got some more time working on the backhoe have a couple of pictures of the filter tell what u think... as well i took some picture of the transmission of the port i checked the pressure i had was 200 psi in the top then nothing in the other two ports no matter what gear i went to... I was pooping my F12 fuse as well it had a 25 amp fuse if i remember right lol... N- .1.82A F1- 3.06A F2- 2.81A F3- 2.78A F4- 2.47A R1- 3.2A R2- 2.92A R3- 2.89A R4- 1.0 but had different readings when i did it again tho With E-Brake on: Pink - F (13.0V) - N (13.0V) - R (13.0V) Tan - F (0V) - N (0V) - R (0) With E-Brake off: Pink - F (13.1V) - N (13.1V) - R (13.0V) Tan - F (12V) - N (0V) - R (12V) The 4 pin connector should have voltage at pin FORWARD 1 ACD 2 ABD 3 BCD 4 CD The 5 pin connector should have voltage at pins 1 ACD 2 ABC 3 BCD 4 BCD fourth gear in rev's is where i found an issued i had power in c that i'm not suppose to but still don't think its my FNR . i do have code up as well its f428 so not really sure what the next step should be......
That had to hurt ....LOL ! Blowing fuses concerns me. Check your transmission wiring for rub points, especially where the harness passes the top of the transmission. Amps are not looking correct. Also, your voltage readings don't look correct from the FNR (blue wires). Above are correct. You posted: The 5 pin connector should have voltage at pins 1 ACD ........Correct 2 ABC ........Correct 3 BCD ........Correct 4 BCD ........Incorrect, should be B and D Only The 4 pin would only be checked in For and Rev, speeds don't matter for that connector. Should only have voltage at B in For, D in Neutral and C in Rev (not including A). I did not like the look of the filter. Looks like some debris in the filter. Follow link below, then take another picture of the filter. Incorrect port. The transmission system pressure test port is in the upper control valve, bottom right port, I think it is marked "PS". Read your pressure there (transmission warmed up at 1500 rpm for neutral). Record the pressure in each gear, For and Rev (idle is fine for these, just want to see difference between neutral and in gear).
okay cut the fitter apart not so good......i think its coming apart lol thanks mg2361 for all your help so far
This trans problem begs the question. Does your parking brake ever come on unexpectedly? Anytime system pressure is lost, parking brake will apply. Get a good gauge on that PS port as MG suggested and see what those pressures are on the hydraulic side of things. Have you owned this machine for a while? When you use it, how long do you keep it working? I ask because it can take 1/2 an hour for everything to really heat up and cause clutch slipping or bypassing, etc. Also, are you mechanically and electrically minded? You were told this machine needed a new transmission. How was that determined? What tests/results did they have? One thing for sure. The transmission on that machine will not work properly until the electrical control is sorted out.