Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 315 deisel randomly shuts off

djjdave1 ยท 2016-08-23 14:19

Its been a while since I have been here. I have a JD 315 that either shuts down or burns up the fuel relay This project was just dropped in my lap this afternoon Instead of just tearing into the harness, I was hoping to find a wiring diagram first. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Dave

Replies3
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-08-23 16:23

    Theres about 5 different injection pumps that go on that machine.. Get the #'s off the name plate..

  2. #2djjdave12016-08-24 08:20

    from what I have gathered from other people that have worked on this, they think it is either a wiring harness issue or the fuel shut off solenoid. I am going to try and see what kind of amp draw I have on the lead to the solenoid. was trying to find a wiring diagram for the unit thanks Dave

  3. #3thepumpguysc2016-08-24 10:21

    DAVE.. On 1 type of pump it has a cold start gizmo on the bottom side of the inj. pump.. it connects into a temp sender in the cooling system.. THAT sender goes bad ALL THE TIME.. and blows the fuel solenoid fuse.. IF you would get the friggin #'s off the name plate.. we could move on..