Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 318 D Skid steer

Brooklyn ยท 2015-07-04 10:39

I am new to owning a skid steer. My quick attach pads are worn ? To much slop in the connection, even on new attachments. Do I build up the pad by using more beads of weld. If I build up the attachment points on each unit, that's a total of 3 so far I would have to do. I would like not having to buy replacement parts . I have a small hobby farm, and not using the machine for commercial use. I have the original 72 " bucket that came with it, been repaired a few times. I was told the machine came off a dairy farm and used for feeding bunk, looks to be true. Any advice out there would be appreciated. Please Note! I am not an expert welder, but would be willing to try my hand at this welding repair, or best leave to a pro?

Replies2
  1. #1blowerman2015-07-04 10:50

    A pic would help. I've had a few buckets that didn't fit real good. I just grind down or cut out the bad areas, then re-build with new metal. Maybe a 10 gauge square welded in instead of trying to build up with a bead. Everyone has their own ability. This was my attempt using up scrap steel to make a spare snow bucket. Good luck

  2. #2Brooklyn2015-07-04 11:00

    Thank you for the quick reply blowerman. Its the pads on the machine I suspect that are worn? I purchased a fork lift, it still is loose, and a root grapple, and its loose ? Previous owner changed the bucket often, or what i suspect from the looks of the repairs moved allot of feed around and let the wear keep progressing