Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 773 fuel line

brownd355 ยท 2015-07-05 13:55

My 773 stopped running like it ran out of fuel. I primed with hand pump and it restarted but stopped after only 5 minutes. I re-primed but hear air sucking when priming. How hard is it to change fuel line

Replies5
  1. #1Killbox Alpha2015-07-05 14:34

    Since you didn't say and I can only assume, change the fuel filter. That's easy and cheap and always a good place to start. As far as changing the fuel line goes, that should not be to terribly hard. A couple things to check before you do that, if I remember right, those primer bulbs could give you problems and since you say you hear it sucking air. Might be a good thing to look at.

  2. #2brownd3552015-07-05 14:53

    Thanks for the reply. The fuel filter was the first thing I changed. Sorry I forgot to mention that. I will try the bulb, but the sucking sound seems to be coming from further back in the engine compartment.

  3. #3crewchief8882015-07-05 15:26

    look for wille's thread on bobcat fuel pickup hose replacement... :drinkup

  4. #4brownd3552015-07-05 15:36

    Thanks, I'll try that

  5. #5willie592015-07-05 21:11

    Very common Bobcat problem. > HeavyEquipmentForums Welcome to HEF brownd355. :drinkup