I am trying to use a backhoe on the front of the skidsteer and it will not let me without 2 people. I need to try to bypass the operator presence switch in the seat and the seatbelt. If I just hook the 2 wires together on the seat and the 2 on the seatbelt, the dash cluster above stays on all the time. Hopefully someone can help and thanks.
I'm not 100% but I think the newer Deere's have a switch in the cluster to allow constant flow of the auxillary circuit but lock out the arms and directional controls. You should be able to look up the owners manual online at deere.com to see exactly what switch and how to do it. John
The manual shows the same setup as I mentioned some machines have on the other forum. An auxiliary override switch. It does not list it as optional equipment, but from what I saw they don't mention that about anything. It may only be on the EH control machines. Don't know if you have EH, Hand/Foot or Hand only. I've never used the switch in our machines, but you have to get in the machine, start it up and unlock everything as normal and then push the switch, engage the auxiliaries and then you can exit the seat. You may have to engage the switch after engaging continuous flow. Not 100% sure and every brand could be a bit different. For manual control machines, the manuals make no mention of it, but IIRC from all of our manual Hand/Foot control New Hollands, if you engage continuous flow (pull handle down into detent) then exit the seat, it will stay running until you physically move the lever. Then it will be locked out again until you get back into seat and unlock things. Not 100% sure on this, but I do rememeber if you activated the lockout while your foot was still on a pedal running the boom or bucket, it would not lock the pedal out until you released it. The function would continue to work up until that time. None of this is an answer to your original idea, but should help your auxillary issue. Try it out. Here is a link that shows the switch. Again I think its most likely just for EH machines, but possibly not. The JD manual didn't explain exact details about it, but I didn't read every page either. http://manuals.deere.com/omview/OMT205051_19/ER93822,000006A_19_20080123.html Here is a link to the brochure for that series machine which shows someone doing exactly what you want to do, so it is possible. If you can't get it figured out, ask a good dealer if nothing else. Someone should have an answer. The brochure mentions something about an auxiliary hydraulics operator presence system being standard, I have a feeling this should have something to do with what you are trying to do, but I could be wrong. https://www.deere.com/en_US/docs/construction/non_current_products/skid_steers/DKA300SSLCWP.pdf After a bit more searching I found a machine with foot controls and the auxillary override switch. I'm assuming that it is maybe standard, or was at some point. Doesn't mean your machine has it. Possible you just didn't know it was there though, a lot of people don't know. Some don't even know how to use continuous flow on some EH machines. If your machine doesn't have the switch, I would call and figure out why and if you can install it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJ0Gju-X50
Ok thanks for that part. I also farm and am tired of trying to open the gate, chase all the livestock back, then hurry up and run back, jump in seat, unhook and rehook seatbelt. close door, release park/hydraulic switch, and then move before cattle are out the gate then to only do the same thing once I get through the gate, feed the bale and then same process to get back out the gate. I really need them safety features bypassed. I totally understand why they are there but it is just not working for me. Been trying to make this work for 2 years now and it is not. Very frustrated. Thanks for all the help so far. I have also taken the instrument cluster out of the roof and looked at back of park/hydraulic lock switch and cannont figure it out without a wiring diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Our local JD dealer is not much help as of now since there are not too many Deere machines around here. Most are Bobcat or Cat. Kind of wishing I had a Cat instead here lately but I really like the pilot valves is the reason. Don't have them on this particular Deere machine but it was used and the right price with very little hours when I bought it. Next one will be pilot valves/EH controls and will also have A/C next time. Bought this one because I could have boom in any position and be able to open cab door and be able to get in and out also, something the other manufacturers can't do.
A lot of people bought Deeres for the door, they learned a door wasn't a big deal after owning the machines lol. Now that Deere has gotten better, the door is gone ironically. We used to have all NH machines, ran a newer one for the first time in quite awhile this weekend and can't say I miss them, especially the seat belt and manual controls. I would find the valve then see what the signals are to lock/unlock. If its as simple as 12v/ground you should be able to easy rig something up with a little electrical know how. Put a switch in the cab so you can activate it, or leave it in the normal working mode. If you want to get fancy, set it up so that every time you restart the machine you have to reactivate the bypass. This will at least keep some of the safety part there, you will know you are disabling it every time and the added step will keep you from disabling it when not needed. Also keeps other operators safe. I get what you're saying, and also understand the other side of the story as well. I'm a dairy farmer as well, getting in and out a lot can get old. Arm bars are much nicer for that than seat belts, especially seat belts that like to act up all the time. As tempting as it always was to bypass them, they have been beneficial overall. Tipping them forward with no door, seat belt at least keeps you from smacking into the boom or worse, falling out before machine is done tipping and being pinned. In a rollover to the side I don't see an arm bar doing much, but you aren't going anywhere if you tip to the side. I don't remember the details (I was pretty young), but someone broke their leg with the boom while running our old (new then) JD. I'm guessing they must have buckled the seat behind them. That machine had interlocks and IIRC everytime you started it you had to sit down, then buckle the belt, you couldn't just leave it buckled. Time to trade up when money allows Kitty's are nice. B series is simple with real pilot controls that are nice. C series has a cab that is 100x nicer and actually sealed. D series is a cadillac to run and work on but with a bigger price tag.
Doesn't sound like you have pilots, but I just tried the override on our 262D. Have to be in seat unlocked, engage continuous flow, hit override switch and then you can exit seat.