I've got a 329D with about 2800 ish hours. The left side boom cylinder started leaking again, I rebuilt it several years ago. I tore it apart and found some bad news. There is slight damage in the barrel, also where the internal snap ring sits on the side closest to the end it's burred up a little. I think that could be polished out, but what ever the groove is a bit deeper. I'm assuming the damage is from the rod guide cause this? I can't see any hope for it the rod guide. I guess the question for me is do I replace the whole cylinder? The rod seems to be in good shape without scoring. It's a private farm machine so it gets a few hundred hours a year tops I could replace the guide for about 200 bucks, I already have the seal kit and send it vs 2700 bucks for a whole cylinder. The score in the cylinder to me is not in a mission critical area. I know the smart big money is to replace it but looking for some opinions, one a 1 to 10 (with 10 being a terrible watch my beer idea) . On the subject but slightly different the little plastic ring you put in to remove the gland, is it a one shot deal? Mine always seem to get dented, gouged and tore up a little when I use it. I have to get a new one every time. I really dislike this cylinder design.
Polish it up, best you can and send it. Especially for a home use machine. I would keep my eye out for a parts machine on FB marketplace.