I am in the market for a used CTL and I have narrowed my choices to a 2012 JD 333d with 3000 hrs or a 2007 BOBCAT T300 with 1700 hours. I wanted to get thoughts on both. I plan to run a mulching head. I really like the 333 but I'm not sure about the hours. The 333 has not been running a mulching head but the T300 has. Should I be afraid of a 3000 hour machine? Should I take the older machine with less hours over the newer with more? I've never owned one so any help will be appreciated.
We have a 2007 T300 with 2800 hrs. I know some run Mulching heads on the T300 but an external Hydraulic Cooler is a big concern I'd have. What's the price difference between the two? Another thing is dealer/parts support in your area like who's closest and has the better reputation.
Thanks for the reply. The T300 is only $1000 less than the 333. I really like the 333 but it has a little over 2900 hours. Should I be concerned about the hours on the machine? The undercarriage is about 50% on the 333 and 75% on the T300. As far as dealer support goes, I think good either way. My brother owns a couple JD bulldozers and excavators and gets pretty good service from the local dealer. He doesn't own any Bobcat equipment but he does own several Komatsu machines which are sold and serviced by the same company that is the Bobcat dealer. He has also had good luck with them. 3000 hours is nothing on the larger equipment he owns but we don't have experience with the CTLs and wonder how they hold up past 3000. What are you're thoughts on this amscontr??
My preference would be the Bobcat with the lower hours and less money to boot. What is the asking price for each machine?
They are asking $29800 for the 333 and $28500 for the t300.
Go with the bobcat...less hours equal less immediate repairs or issues....most times...
I would guess the Deere is going to need drive motors soon if they already have not been replaced.