Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How hard is it to become a small dealer for Mustang skid track loaders

cvconstruction ยท 2015-01-21 23:17

We just got our new shop built right along side the highway, good advertising, I was wondering how hard it is to become a dealer for Mustang skid steers, there is no where to buy any other brand besides bobcat, I really think there is potential in this area for a another competitor..

Replies9
  1. #1lumberjack2015-01-21 23:21

    Why not contact Gehl/Mustang? If you need a contact, let me know and I'll see what I can do for you.

  2. #2cvconstruction2015-01-22 09:32

    I have tried. No call back, no email. it is obvious they would like nothing to do with expansion..

  3. #3Garrie Denny2015-05-06 04:49

    Go opposition brands pretty obvious I would think,e-mail them then you might get a bite,would say someone local has a finger on a pulse.

  4. #4lantraxco2015-05-06 11:36

    Jcb?

  5. #5cvconstruction2015-05-09 01:25

    JCB would be awesome. I hear those machines are smooth to run. easy to get in and out

  6. #6Digdeep2015-05-09 12:48

    And they have nowhere to go but up by only having about 1% market share.

  7. #7monster762015-05-09 13:31

    If it were id look into being a dealer for a brand that more people would welcome see the problem with jcb is they have good machine but since people arent to Open to change they would look at them and not be to willing to try it out so it may take longer for them to sell. If you were to go with tak or kubota or gehl heck even talk to terex you would probably have more people to go for it than jcb with there mono boom

  8. #8lantraxco2015-05-09 13:54

    If you sell only what's popular, you're like a gas station, you have to be a couple cents a gallon cheaper to get customers and there's no loyalty. Sell better and stand out from the crowd, give service to match. You may not be richer but you'll be happier and prouder. :my2c

  9. #9JGibson2015-05-11 10:26

    Kubota would be a good brand to sell. If you want to sell some large iron sell Link Belt. I have also heard wacker neuson is good to work with, haven't heard much about their machines though