Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410 C on ebay in CT

mikeshoe ยท 2010-05-24 05:02

http://cgi.ebay.com/John-Deere-410C...ewItem&pt=Backhoe_Loaders&hash=item335d61e6a9 Is this worth looking at?

Replies14
  1. #1ctkiteboarding2010-05-24 11:10

    thats your baby go buy it

  2. #2mikeshoe2010-05-25 15:21

    Well that was a waste of time. I won't bother you with questions about specific back hoe brands anymore.........

  3. #3ctkiteboarding2010-05-25 19:06

    no im serious mike ,, that machine is equiped and a good machine , get it looked at by a solid wrench and buy it , you will never own a machine that s not ext a hoe and 4/1 ever again , just can justify not having those options

  4. #4upbrakie2010-05-25 23:30

    If possible, I'd want to go look at it before I bid. I've read many a story here and elsewhere about someone buying a "work ready" machine only to have a long list of stuff to fix, the worst of which was major engine problems (see "My First Track Loader" thread). All of the major brands of 'hoes aren't going to disappoint you so don't worry about brand except for what your local dealer support is. Go out and see it, get it in the dirt and crawl all over the machine. If your unsure about the mechanics, take along a buddy who knows alot about turning a wrench and offer him a case of beer for the trouble. Good luck!

  5. #5mikeshoe2010-05-26 19:35

    Thanks for the replies. The intent of the thread, which i clearly failed to make clear, was to see how folks thought of the John Deere backhoes of that era. I'm confident about which model 580's to consider ( E's and L's) and avoid(pre E's, K's and M's), but the JDs are new to me. I did hear that JD parts tend to be proprietary and you typically need to source them from the dealer, even basic stuff for a case, which may be readily available at auto parts stores or tractor supply, but, it's just what i heard. So, anyone own one of these? whats the verdict on the JD 410C? JD's have a big fan base locally in northeast CT, otherwise known as the 'quiet corner', likely due to the agricultural tradition still commonplace throughout the area.

  6. #6xcmark2010-05-26 20:32

    If it has been well cared for you should have no issue, Trans /reversers some place around 8000+ hours may need to be done

  7. #7davidd2010-05-27 22:09

    I would guess that it will come out of reserve at around 11,500

  8. #8mikeshoe2010-05-28 10:32

    xcmark, I'll check that. davidd, That's interesting. You'd think!!...i called him, the reserve is 17,000 : i'm going to look at it sat morning.

  9. #9xcmark2010-05-28 16:24

    Mike did you go look at it? Any equipment that is well cared for can have half again more hours and not feel or show it. My buddie got about a month back a Komatsu PC 120 ( I think its around a 1992~4 model) It is showing just under 12,000 hours on the clock, the motor doesnt run hot , starts right up even on a cold morning . It smokes for 10 seconds and is clear after that hot or cold , put a good load on her and you get just a touch of gray smoke. The bottom end has a 80% under carage and one stuck roller on the bottom chains are good sprockets good pads very good. All clynders are good with a slight damp seals on the dipper and bucket. Damp not dripping ! I have no question that will run and be trouble free for 1000~2000 more hours . I am sure you can find a backhoe that has 4500 hour that is ruined by the lack of PM and simple grease and oil changes . 99% of the time these unit can be spoted by someone that has mechanical abilitys , just look to see whats broken , worn out , needs TLC and then judge if the simple things are let go then you the big items like rearend fluid changes are out of the question for sure! Trans fluid change ya it still moves run it....... filters they should be rust free and dated some time ago , not last night. EDIT: Also This hoe I would expect if there is real bidder in the area that want it , it will sell for over 15K no question !

  10. #10ctkiteboarding2010-05-28 17:28

    :drinkup total agree with this post ,go get it mike

  11. #11mikeshoe2010-05-30 06:54

    xc,ct, I didn't look at it yet, when i learned his reserve was 17k i knew it wouldn't sell and i've been busy, i work nights and i wasn't up to rushing over there. I will see it. Maybe monday. Thanks for your thoughtss and ill keep yous posted. time for bed for now!

  12. #12mikeshoe2010-06-09 09:09

    its sold he got his price 17k

  13. #13ctkiteboarding2010-06-09 13:01

    told ya to go get it, but its cool, i think you really want to buy my low hour loaded with options 580sl

  14. #14joeeye592010-06-09 21:06

    Hey mikeshoe, too bad you lost that backhoe at auction... I don't know how long you've been looking for a backhoe but its very hard to find a unit that's in good shape, or at least a fixable unit over here in the New England area, all the nice backhoes were so far away out mid-west, and just the cost of getting them home was killing the price making them too expensive, because I would have traveled far away to look at them, that's how bad it was 3 years ago when I was looking.... I don't know if things have gottne better yet here in NE. I looked at about 12 others before I realized to jump on the one I ended up buying so fast before it was gone, and it was not "work ready" very close to it but not quite there, because it kept popping hyd lines every other day, so I had to pull the seat out and go to town replacing so many hyd lines.... I agree with what the other person that posted prior, that you will not find a backhoe "Work Ready"... I say if you do it will be priced pretty high, like between 4k to 6k higher than the average price's for something in its class, but only if its in 100% great shape..... and them unit sell very fast, I'd think the guy who has been looking for a long time knows to jump on units like that... The trick is to find a unit that is worth putting the money into it to get it to a "Work Ready" condition. good luck in your search...