Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410 Parking Brake

telwood ยท 2020-10-09 19:00

I have a straight JD 410 backhoe and appears the parking brake adjustment has worn out. Assume it is original and is worn down since adjusting in no longer possible. Can the parking brake be replaced without breaking the machine apart? If so, is it fairly simple or complex.

Replies3
  1. #1JL Sargent2020-10-09 20:23

    Got no idea about this one, but we have a resident JD expert and he usually stops by early each day. I bet he can offer some assistance.

  2. #2mg23612020-10-10 05:13

    And not until I've had my first cup of coffee ! Now that the fog has lifted.... It has been too long since I have done this repair to a straight 410 so my memory fails me on the particulars. If you can get the top cover off the transaxle, then the park brake band can be replaced without any splitting.

  3. #3telwood2020-10-12 18:07

    Thanks....I am pretty sure I can take off the cover