Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410C backhoe shuttle shift problem

dmcb ยท 2020-02-06 10:01

Shuttle shift worked perfect. Suddenly it would not go in reverse. Forward goes forward, neutral goes forward. Reverse does nothing but seems to be locked a big as rpms do not come up easily. Looking at the adjustment I see where there is clean thread, likely done by previous owner. I adjusted it a bit and it worked perfect. Finished the job and shut it down. A few days later I went to use it and the same problem. It will only start in neutral but that is a safety thing but it is actually going forward I have tried adjusting the linkage both ways but nothing changes. I need the wisdom of the forum please.

Replies5
  1. #1dmcb2020-02-06 13:34

    Is there electric switches involved in the shifting? It doesn't seem possible it is mechanical.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2020-02-06 13:36

    sounds like the solenoid valve is sticking in the forward position make sure that it is not staying energized too

  3. #3dmcb2020-02-06 14:49

    Thank you. Do you know where they are located? Under the floorboard?

  4. #4Dave Neubert2020-02-06 18:09

    I don't remember but they are mounted directly to the shuttle trans

  5. #5dmcb2020-02-06 18:50

    We are having a bit of nasty weather. I will start digging as soon as I can. Thanks.