Hi Guys, I have searched all over the net but was unable to find any info, hopefully you guys can help me. I have a John Deere 410C (1988 i believe) and the hydraulic oil keeps going into the transmission. This all started probably 15 years ago when some major work was done to the machine. I hardly use the machine so it really didn't bother me to pump some out of the tranny and put it back into the hydraulic system. I have some time on my hands now and would like to fix this as I may be using the machine a bit more often this year. Someone told me that there is a recirculation line that returns the oil from the tranny to the hydraulic system but I can not figure out where it is. Can someone help me out please??
That would probably be the brake return line. I don't know the 410, mine is different but has a hydraulic differential lock that has a return to the transmission/hydraulics from the diff lock leakage in the rear axle. Did they pull the axles and brakes off when the major work was done? Probably messed up the seals putting it back together, but you could get lucky and find the line wasn't put back right. Did you look at the parts breakdowns on JDparts.com? that's kind of a bassackwards way of figuring it out, the operations and test/technical manual would explain it much better. http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/TP15/TP15979________UN01JAN94.gif Then again, I may be way off, do the brakes run off the hydraulics or transmission pressure?