Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 410C Turbo 4×4 Problem

Reylocs ยท 2012-11-12 20:50

I purchased this machine a week ago. Everything seemed fine when I drove the machine before I bought it. Today, When I went to move the machine, it doesnt seem to move for about 15 to 20 seconds. Then it takes off and operates just fine. I put the machine in gear then put the forward reverse lever into forward and it wont move for about 15 to 20 seconds, then it just goes, no sliping or nothing. Then if i put the F/R lever in neutral, then back in forward, after some time, it will move. Is there a transmission fluid filter to check or could fluid be low? Thanks for any help Shawn

Replies3
  1. #1da'yoop2012-11-13 13:46

    Have you checked fluid levels? Dipstick is on the same side as the engine oil dipstick only back farther on the machine. Open the panel just behind engine compartment and find the dipstick.

  2. #2Reylocs2012-11-13 16:08

    Also today is the first time I really ran the hoe and it seems to be lacking on some power from the hyd pump. I have worked on lots of equip but no backhoes. Grew up on a farm. Is there a way for ME to check the pump pressure or what other things should I check. I am changing all fluids and filters in the next few days.

  3. #3Reylocs2012-11-13 16:10

    Also I have both the parts catalog and the technical manual