JD 410D in need of a color wire diagram for start switch. HELP
Can't you just like sort of transfer them in order from the old switch to the new one? Take a picture of it first.
It's to late I took them off before I had the new switch. So yes good ideir but a little late
From memory, the fat red wire is the battery wire, it will be connected to the positive battery cable. Ignition or IGN wire will send power to the fuel pump. And start will send power to the starter solenoid. Not too hard to figure out. If there's a black wire with a bare connector, it will be the ground.
Welcome to HEF Jrott ! In the future post a serial number. There are multiple schematics for that machine. Check your PM's.
You can just poke at it with a testing probe and connect the hot wire to the ignition 1 and 2 bundles and the starter. Just mess with it like you were a teenager stealing a car for fun. You'll figure it out! For some reason when I changed it out I had to move my alternator activation wire from one ignition circuit to the other or else the alternator light stayed on. I dunno why probably back feeding or something but no idea what changed really.
Mr Delmer their is one white wire & three black wire and one big red and three smaller Red wire.
I'm not sure where I would find serial numbers
Their are one white three black and total of 4 reds one of them bigger then the other 3
Dear sir I have never took anything that I didn't earn the hard way I've worked as long as I can remember. I have a 6th Grade education at 9 I clean apartment buildings, mowed lawns and received my 1st car a 1964 rambler ambassador at 14 yrs of age so I had no need to deprive anyone of anything. Put that in your pipe and smoke it wise guy
Lighten up, teenagers used to be able to figure it out, and that's what Finca is saying. MG needs the serial number which will be on an aluminum ID plate that will be either on the side of the frame, or below the loader pivot pin, it will probably start TO410D xxxxxxx, get that number and MG can look up the info. I have a book for an older model, but it won't help because you have more wires.
I own a 410D 1996, this is from my manual. This might be what you are looking for.
Thank you, that diagram matches the number and color of wires. JRott, let us know if you need any help deciphering that diagram.
Thank you very much for your kindness. I'll pass it forward.
Wish i could find one on a 410D 1982 and photos hooked up the starter and will not start checked everything next replacing the new solenoid. I did test it had continuity.