My JD 410e hoe, idling while I opened a gate, engaged the park brake on its own andwould not release.This was Christmas eve and we didn't get back to it for a few days. When we got back to it it wouldn't start(it was much colder) and so we disengaged the park brake as per towing directions in the op manual and towed it home. We boosted it to start and backed it inside but it was obvious the starter was dragging so we pulled it and replaced with new aftermarket unit. Now it starts fine butpark brake will still not disengage and now it wont move forward or back. It has electric shift on FNR lever (no gear stick) which must be an option because its not mentioned in my parts book. I have replaced all the panel fuses and checked trans fluid level;I have a new trans fluid filter and am going to change that but I can't imagine a plugged filter coming on so fast(machine was working flawlessly previosly)I can fix a Zetor tractor with my eyes closed but this is proving a bit over my head. Anybody got any good next moves? Thanks P.S. As per a recent post here,I promise to post how this all ends. Thanks for any help you can give me
My dad has a 410G Deere I plow with. Last winter the park brake started engaging on it's own while the machine was in motion. It has a powershift trans and low oil was causing the problem....That would be my first guess but sounds like you have that covered.
Your park brake seems to be activated or released by hydraulic pressure. By looking in the JD 410E parts photo it seems to be controlled by a solenoid electrically activated. Look at #4. If you can find that section of your transmission you can look to see if the connector is still attached or corroded or whatever. If you remove the plug and put a 12 volt jumper to it you should here it click on and off. If it clicks then your problem may be at the FNR lever connection or your park brake switch. I don't know the 410E just a bit about the 310D but the solenoid principle has similarities. Good luck.