Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I've recently bought a mid to late 70's Case 580C. I have a few questions I am hoping you guys can answer. It has the 207 motor, so what weight oil do you recommend? Could I use a 15 40w Rotella? Where do you add hydraulic fluid and what brand do you recommend? Thanks!
The recommended oil for a 207 engine is mono-grade 30. You could use 15w40, as I'm sure there are people using it - I like to use the 30 grade. Recommended oil for hydraulics is 10w or you could use a 68 grade hydraulic oil. The plug on LHS side of machine is both level & filler. Often see a 90deg fitting installed here. Machine should be in 'travel' position to check - hoe folded up; stabilizers raised; & loader bucket flat on ground. Brands? Get a good name & is convienient.....
Thanks for the info! My shuttle shift lever won't stay in place. If I put it in drive it will fall back to neutral. As long as I hold it drive, it opperates fine. Any idea why it won't stay in forward or reverse?
Check #6 on the shift lever for wear or adjustment.
Between the shuttle shift solenoid and the shuttle case, there is a ball detent, spring and ball that keeps the shuttle in reverse, netral and forward. On mine the spring was broken and half gone, and it did the same thing that yours is doing. Page 184 of the parts manual shows items 55 - 56 - 57. 57 is the actual shift lever. All you have to do is unscrew the shuttle solenoid, and you'll see what it is. DON'T LOSE THE BALL - DON'T BUY #57 shift lever, P/N D77621. There has been a later modification made to the internals of the shuttle, and the new lever is not drilled for the detent ball, and you can't drill it, it's too hard. Use your old one. If you don't have a parts manual, operators manual, and service manual. PM me with your snail mail address, and I'll mail you a copy. Somone on here was knd enough to do that for me.
Thanks OldMan!!! PM sent!!!
Hello everyone I'm totally new to the Heavy Equipment forum and I am looking for some info. I just purchased a 1980 Case 580c and want to do a full service to it, my problem is I need a manual so i have all the correct info such as what oil, hydro fluid, filters etc. there are so many different manuals ranging from $10 on a cd rom to $250 for a 1,000 page binder, could someone please tell me where I can get the best manual for this machine. any info would help Thank you guys
Hello TheOldMan I'm totally new to this forum as well I just purchased a case 580c would it be possible for you to mail me a copy of the parts, operators, and service manual for my 580c as well, if so how do i send you a message with my info
If you want I have both service and parts manual on CD. I can make copies and send them to you. I'm in New Jersey also.
I appreciate the offer but often times I'll be working on the machine and not have acess to a computer, I just got a response from another member who is going to mail a book Thanks again
if you have to buy one off ebay it dosen't mater what the cost they are priceless when it comes time to fix them ! tb
nova, I would like a copy if the offer is still open????
sure send me your address
Thanks Nova! PM sent....
Hi there, I hope it is okay to ask this question on this thread as i'm not able to start a new thread yet. I am a new owner of a 1979 580c and have used it a few times for snow removal. I have used chains for traction but chains are rubbing inside frame of my machine. I have searched to try to locate spacers for wheels with no luck in my area. I have had alot of recommendations to just have them made by machine shop.I think making the spacers is what I would like to do. My father in law is very handy with metal and I believe he has all will need to make them. My backhoe is at our cabin so I don't have it close so I can check out the wheel dimentions.I was wondering if anybody has any experience or suggestions in making them. I was wondering if I should make them tight to the inside rim diameter and if 1" to 1 1/4" would be alright for thickness. Also the best bolt to get and should they be tightened to a certain pressure. Also if you can think of anything else I might not be thinking of. I sure appreciate any advice. Thanks
montanaguy Email me I have some info for you
Hi I'm new to heavy equipment forum and was not able to pull up your e-mail. Is it best to just put my e-mail on this quick reply for you?
Montanaguy I sent you an email
Wheel Spacers I am also new to the forum, but I may have some info of importance. Montanaguy, Wheel spacers "may" work although the strength of mounting of the wheel would be terribly compromised! The part of tha axle that the wheel center fits over provides the actual strength for the wheel, the bolts actually only hold the wheel in place over the axle and prevent rotational shearing under power. I had to make a special set of chains for my 580C to avoid interference with the ROPS myself. Also some AG wheels have a different offset which will provide the needed space. There is a company called Abiline machine in Kansas that may be able to help.
Parts Catalog For those of you looking for a parts catalog.... http://www.casece.com/wps/portal/ca...CaseCE&brandsite_language=en&brandsite_geo=NA Just cut and paste in the navagation bar, then launch the parts catalog on the site.
Service and parts manuals Hello, Just new to the forum (and to heavy equipment). Also just purchased a 1979 580c. And also in New Jersey. Was wondering if I could get a copy of the Service and parts manual on CD that you offered to the other gentleman. I plan to do all my own work on the machine and look forward to checking you guys for answers from time to time. I would be willing to pitch in to your coffee fund $ if that helps. Thanks
Hi Old Man. Was wondering if I could get a CD copy of the service and parts manual for the 580c that you offered the other gentleman. I'm in Jersey too. New to the machine scene. And planning to do all my own mechanical work. Be willing to pitch in to your coffee fund $ if that makes a difference. Thanks.
Andes cabin guy - e glad to send you a copy if you PM me your snail mail address.
Old Man, Can't figure out where to send a private message. can you email me and I'll respond? [email protected]
case 580 Hey I saw your post and am working on a case 580. I know it is asking a lot but would it be possible to get copys of your manual on CD? I would gladly pay you for them. Thank you
Hi Jeff If your backhoe is a Case 580C then yes I have both service and parts manual on CD. Send me your address and I will send you a copy Ron
case 580 manual Hey Ron, yes it is. My address is: 750 Herricksville road , Tekonsha MI 49092 Please send me a bill for your trouble, and thank you so much!!1 Jeff
Hi Jeff Your Welcome, Just dropped it off at the Post Office. You should get it Monday Ron
Weatherman28, I got the same question as Montana for the chains for my C model. Could you fill me in on the info?
A couple of you offered a cd on a 580c, is that still an open offer?
Someone posted on another thread that they are available on ebay. Check out the link below. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Case+580C+service+manual Ron
I could use one myself.
Gratitude Ron, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate the disc, got it! Very nice of you to do that!
Your Welcome Good luck on your project Ron
New owner of a 1977 580c Wondering if it would be possible to get copies of the CDs you mention in this post
I have a cd from Ron. It's a life saver. It tells you how to check and rebuild everything. I even saw a section on rebuilding the window wiper motors haha
Any chance I could get a copy from you if I don't get a response from Ron? Dave
Yea just pm me
Don't have access to your private info My mailing address is Dave P. 56 Whiting Street Lunenburg, Ma 01462. Lived in Mass all my life. Retiring to the North Country soon thus the profile name!
Ron......Funny how you offer a copy on CD and you get a ton of requests.....Im thinking "what goes around, comes around", and maybe the guy you made a copy for can also make a copy for the next guy. Then this guy can do the same for the next guy, etc. etc. That way, everyone gets to share in the good deeds. Cheers. dc