I have a 10,000 hour JD 4450 MFWD at the shop with the hydraulic pump near dead. The tech manuals procedure has you moving the front drive axle and steering motor forward in the frame to get clearance to remove the pump. This tractor has a mount frame for a JD quick-attach loader bolted on to the tractor frame which is more of a project to remove then the rest of the process of shifting the axle and sm forward. Has anyone replaced the pump by removing the fuel tank and taking the pump out the top or is it even possible?
Is there 4-5" between the front of the pump and the front bolster/axle support? I currently have one out of a 4440 2 wheel drive that I lifted the fuel tank out and then the pump easily moves forward and lifts up and out of the 4 bolt mount on the front of the engine. I don't really see the 4wd bolster being different enough to warrant having to move it forward...