I have a JD 450B loader that is leaking hydraulic oil out the center of the valve towards front of machine. This is the later version that doesn't have a separate reservoir but gets oil from the trans cooler circuit. I have all manuals but can't determine how fluid is going through center of the valve. The right cylinder leaks worse than the left. Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Do you mean the piece shown below? Please post a picture of the leaking component.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/59420/referrer/navigation/pgId/200031 Think you mean these (under the seat)? I rebuilt mine- not many parts. Not sure where you’re seeing leak…
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/59420/referrer/navigation/pgId/200060 Valve in center of block sends pressure to side whose lever being operated. Hope this helps.., Darryl
Yes Darryl, I was just trying to post the first image you did. They are leaking out the center of #12 into the clevis that connects to the steering levers. They are not leaking around the shaft seals. Looking at the flow diagram in the manual it looks like #12 should seal against #9 internally. I wonder if I should adjust the clevis center to center longer as maybe it is too short to let these contact each other. I have been tracking down and fixing leaks. Every time I fix 1 it starts leaking somewhere else in the circuit. The latest are these leaks from cylinders. I really appreciate you uploading these pics and input. I'm somewhat lacking in computer skills. Thanks, Dave
Also where did you find parts. I've found seals and orings but not the v packings or seat. Thanks
Gosh, it was 4 yrs ago I did those- no leaks but weak “power assist.” If you use the Deere link and scroll to the part number, you usually get sites w the part…sometimes Deere, sometimes other vendors. I think Deere has had most of the seals I’ve needed.
Thanks Again
Well that little idea was a bust. Obviously bypassing internally. Time to pull them and find parts.
Found receipt. Parts came from Deere. Not much to them. There is a seal around the shaft the yoke attaches to.
Thanks I'm mostly worried about the V packings and the seat. I have a local hydraulic house that can source most anything by size. I'm counting on them As always your input is greatly appreciated. Thanks Again, Dave
As to the seat I'm a retired machinist and millwright. With a reasonably complete shop. If it is metal I can make it or repair it. Just would prefer not to if I don't have to.
Wanted to add: the folks here on HEF are really knowledgeable. And, I’ve also gone to JDcrawlers.com JDcrawlers Messageboard - Index page
Thanks And Merry Christmas to All