Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 450c

outdoorarki ยท 2013-02-26 15:10

Hey Guys, I need a little help. I am working on a 450c machine and servicing the transmission and steering clutches. I read somewhere that they share the same oil. So if I drain the transmission will I be draining the steering clutches also or do I need to drain them seperatlly? If I have to drain them also, do I have to drop the counterweight to get to the drain plugs? Thanks Larry

Replies3
  1. #1Greg2013-02-26 17:40

    Yes, the transmission and the steering clutches share the same oil. Drain the transmission and you should have the whole thing. You should not have to drop the counterweight, but nothing on a 450C surprises me the way the way they are built. A 450C is a real little bi*** to work on no matter what it is. If you want to change the finals, that is a separate drain plug on each side. Good luck. You are going to need it

  2. #2outdoorarki2013-02-26 21:00

    Thanks Greg. Thats what I wanted to hear.

  3. #3GlenHarris2013-03-09 01:48

    Thanks for opening up my mind. It used to believe that transmission and clutches use different oil. I have been concerned about the oil every time. How it works in case of automatic and manual transmission? ---------------------------- find driving jobs at transport company :usa