Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Jd 450c trans cooler an bypass valve problem

Johnnie1987 ยท 2023-02-06 21:58

I need help with transmission oil cooler lines I'm not sure which is pressure an which is return line an how they hook up on radiator an another thing is does anyone know what kind of problem u would have if the cooler bypass valve or the clutch lubricating valve was bad

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612023-02-07 05:10

    Oil entering the bottom of the oil cooler comes from the transmission. Oil coming out of the top of the oil cooler goes into the side of the oil filter base. The bottom of the base returns to the transmission. To answer your question, I would say you would have unfiltered oil and oil overheating issues. If the clutch lubricating valve/spring were to have issues, then clutches would probably burn up from the lack of lube.

  2. #2Johnnie19872023-02-07 11:15

    So is the line that has steering hose attached coming out of transmission my pressure line an need to be on bottom of cooler radiator

  3. #3mg23612023-02-07 12:00

    My old memory is failing me. I think the fitting coming out of the transmission front cover on the right side, top, goes to the bottom of the cooler.

  4. #4Diesel Dave2023-02-08 10:00

    You are correct ! I have access to a 450B manual and the oil cooler plumbing is layed out exactly as you described.