Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 455G 2nd Gear

telwood ยท 2016-01-31 17:33

Weather finally broke and got a chance to work with the 1995 455g Loader. Saturday was fine but today seem to have lost 2nd gear forward and back. 1st and 3rd are fine but 2nd goes in sporadically but not for the most part. Any ideas where to start? I rarely run this machine so it sits for long periods at a time. Thanks, Tom

Replies1
  1. #1telwood2016-02-02 14:42

    I guess the problem would be not knowing if this is a transmission problem or could be caused by something else like linkage? I looked through the JD parts book and the primary parts in the transmission lumped 1st and 2nd gears and then 3rd and 4th gears. My 1st seems fine but have a dead spot in 2nd gear in both forward and reverse. I have the direct drive model.