Good evening I recently purchased a jd 490 D excavator and bought an kit to add auxillary hydrauilcs to it. I have the kit all mounted but appear to be having issuse with the hydraulic control bank. (Not sure if that is the correct term but anyways beside the cab where all the hydraulic come out of to control every thing) anyways if I understand the sytem correctly the soleniod opens and sends oil to the control bank and opens the valve for the oil to flow out to the attachment. I have oil coming out of the solenoid which goes in the top but no oil coming out of the bottom hose which is the return line as well as i have no oil going down the boom to the attachment. I have tried adjusting the flow as well as the pressure and cant get anything to happen. Is there anything that I am missing or any thing that i need to remove like a blocked port somewhere when you add aux to these machines? The company that sold the kit to me said it could be on a older machine like this the valve inside could be stuck. If so how hard is it to take the hydraulic bank apart? Thanks in advance Jordy.
What kit did you purchase and from whom? Is it a single acting kit for a breaker or a two way kit for a thumb? Did you measure the pilot pressure that activates the spool to see if enough pressure is getting there to move it? If it is a single acting kit is the pilot port on the non-activating side of the spool returning to tank? Maybe post a bunch of pictures of the install.
I purchase the kit from hudco manufacturing! It is a single acting one for a breaker. No we have not tested the pressure. There is a line coming out of the solenoid and going into the tank. I don’t have anything to check the pressure with can I take a line off of another control up top and hook it up to the aux to see if that port is working?
JD490D excavator is similar to ZX500-3. It has a "SIGNAL CONTROL VALVE". All attachment pilot lines have to connect to it. Breaker control pilot line should connect to signal control valve first.
Unfortunately, that is incorrect. A JD 490D does not have that. That did not start until the "C" series metric excavators. Below is what a 490D has.
So sorry!! I am confused between JD490D and 490G!!! Actually JD490D is similar to EX120-3!!! It doesn't have "SIGNAL CONTROL VALVE". So sorry!!
I have a Hitachi EX120-1 and at times have had to use parts that were not in my parts book, but in a 490D book. An EX120-3 is quite a bit newer. FWD
The EX120-3 is equivalent to the Deere 490E.
Sorry we have been extremly busy and this project has got pushed off to the side till now i have a day when i can do some cathiching up. question#1 I do not have a guage for checking pressure the only thing i know is that when i go to hit the auxily button the lines flexes and goes rock hard so i know there is some pressure coming out. question #2 That lines goes to the bottom side of the control valve. #3 That line is hooked up to the bottom of the solenoid. we have tried swapping those two line already from the top to the bottom and we cant get any oil to go thru the control valve. #4 is attached to where #2 is. Am i understanding it right that the solenoid sends oil to the control valve and opens it up to allow oil to flow down the lines to the attachments? Thanks Jordy
Yes, the solenoid supplies pressure to move the spool to send oil to the auxiliary lines. Next question. Please post pictures of the lines that come from the boom and go to the control valve.