Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 490E/ Hitachi EX120-2 Opinions, good & bad

backhoeboy ยท 2010-05-02 07:23

looking at buying John deere 490E. Looking for opinions about them, I've never run one of them. I've used the 490D's and liked them. But the E's I have not. They have more electronics, so if any one ever had a problem with one I'd love to know.

Replies1
  1. #1machine2010-05-02 12:09

    I am sure that a lot of people have had problems with the E series or Hit. -2-3 series machines. One problem is the flow splitting hydraulics. Another problem is finding technicians that are familiar with them and have the equipment to troubleshoot them. Also so many of these machines have been fiddled with that even perfectly capable people have trouble trying to undo the damage caused buy tinkering. When the machines came out, even though they were good units, the operators found the machines jerky. The operators that understood the machines found them fast and smooth.