Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 490E tracking problems

mrfixit628 ยท 2013-12-05 22:33

Hi I have a jd490e that can't make it's mind up wheather to track like it's suspose to or just creep along when it is time to move it if i hold the boom up stick just a little over the thing tracks like it is suspose to john deere says it is a valve but can't tell me which one it is i thought it might be ecm does anyone have any ideals what it may be and if the thought is a valve which one:Banghead

Replies4
  1. #1ANDREW C2013-12-06 13:45

    Im not very familiar with the older excavators but to me it sounds like something is blocking one of the load sense spools for the propel and when you stall a function it increases the pressure and then it will stroke the pumps. I don't think it would be a computer issue. If this was moved to the excavator forum you may get some more responses.

  2. #2mrfixit6282013-12-06 20:12

    Ok Ill check that. But could you tell me how to move it to the excavator fourm.

  3. #3ANDREW C2013-12-07 00:51

    Honestly, I don't know, I think one of the moderators have to do it

  4. #4jjfarms2014-02-10 22:27

    did you find your problem??? mine does the same thing except you half to pull the stick in and hold the joystick to make it walk faster