I am lookinf for information on transportation for a 160 case excavator .. wondering what the best most cost efective ways are .. my to options so far are Low boy or tag trailer and dump truck
ok let me restate my frist question .. what is working well for people these day to transport there equipment
a lot of people use a tag along im my area but I have never trusted a tag along with that much weight (anything over #20,000pds) I have had to weld up to many hitches and seen to many broken. that's why I have always used a lowboy tractor trailer combo.
Depends on lots of things. How much does it weigh? Ritchiespecs shows it as just over 18 tons. Is there a local float operator available, competent, rates etc? How often do you need to move it? How far do you need to move it? What equipment do you already have? Dump truck, semi tractor, trailer? etc.