Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 544B Steering and Brake pump 1/8″ line function

pjflyer ยท 2018-05-29 02:18

Hi all. Working on a JD544B loader. The steering and brake pump has a small 1/8" plastic/nylon line which has broken off, I just recently bought it, so I'm new to it. I've looked everywhere on the machine for the location of the other end and can't find any evidence of where it comes from or goes to. I've looked at the service manual and I didn't see any reference to this line either. I don't see any fluid coming out of it while running, but I figure it must be for something! Can anyone tell me what this line is and where it goes or where to plumb it into. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1pjflyer2018-05-29 23:54

    I took some pics if it helps anyone to figure out what this line is.

  2. #2heymccall2018-05-30 00:21
  3. #3pjflyer2018-05-30 00:44

    Thanks heymccall, there are already two lines that attach to transmission at that point. One is the steering valve return and the other is from the clutch cut-out valve. I will have to plumb the pump in with them.